In 1919 the Dachau artist group emerged from the “Council of Intellectual Workers”. It included 44 artists who stayed in Dachau after the First World War. After the first castle exhibition was successfully completed in 1919, several exhibitions were organized there until 1924, until the Dachau artists gave their group the name "Artist Association Dachau" (KVD) in 1927. Apart from a brief interruption after the Second World War, it still exists today. As one of the last independent artist associations in Bavaria, it celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2019.
75 p. with numbers Fig., Dachau 2019